Enable SSH on ESXi 4.1 with vSphere Client.
- Login to the vSphere Client
- Click on the configuration tab
- Click on Security profile
- Click on Properties
- Click on Remote Tech Support (SSH)
- Click on Options and choose the startup policy and click start
Activate SSH on ESXi 4.1 from the console screen.
- In the console screen press F2 to Customize System Settings
- Navigate to Troubleshooting Options
- “click on” Enable Remote Tech Support (SSH)
- On the right you will see now SSH is Enabled