This trick will force Windows8 to let you change your resolution to higher values. With this ‘trick’ you can enable Metro Apps on a old Netbook.
1. Press Win+R, type in regedit and hit Enter. Registry Editor will open up.
2. Now press Ctrl+F, and the Find dialog box will appear.
3. Type in Display1_DownScalingSupported in the “Find what” box and click Find Next.
4. Once the key is found, change its value from 0 to 1.
5. Press F3, and if it finds any more keys called Display1_DownScalingSupported, change all 0 values to 1 as well.
6. Reboot your device.
7. After a successful reboot, change the screen resolution to 1024×768 and apply changes.